Friday, September 19, 2008

Be Praised

I was just thinking about Paul and Silas, wow what praisers they were! Acts 16 tells how they were beaten and imprisoned and then prayed and sang to God as their fellow prisoners were listening. Then the miraculous happened. The walls shook, their chains fell off, and their guard became a believer. They didn't allow their circumstances to dictate whether they'd give glory to God or not. They believed that God is good when life is not, and they praised him according to His greatness. I'd like to have a few more like them in our choir on Sundays...I'd like to be a lot more like them!!! Lord help me be more like them...

Lord, You are great and greatly to be praised. Help me to praise you in spite of difficulties that may arise, and inturn encourage others who are following You. Be Praised!

No comments: