Thursday, February 5, 2009

comforted to comfort

"Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God" 2 Cor 1:4 (KJV)

"He comes along side us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us" 2 Cor 1:4 (The Message)

Dear Lord, thank you for being a constant comfort to me. Help me to administer that same comfort to others. I realize that you have comforted me so that i can comfort others. I realize that its not about me, but about establishing your kingdom on this earth. Help me not to let my foolish pride stand in the way of sharing personal struggles with others in order to help them along this road of life.

No comments: